The Solar Survey 200R irradiance meters is the perfect tool for solar photovoltaic and solar thermal installers to conduct comprehensive solar site surveys. With a solar reference cell to measure true irradiance, the Solar Survey provides greater accuracy of measurement data compared to meters which use a photo diode detector.
These rugged handheld units not only measure irradiance, but also have a built-in inclinometer to measure roof pitch, compass to measure roof orientation and thermometer to measure ambient air and module temperature. These high specification irradiance meters simply and quickly measure the sun’s irradiance, displaying the information in either W/m2 or BTU/hr-ft2, making them ideal for both solar photovoltaic and thermal applications, and the tool incorporates a display hold feature, which enables the user to easily capture readings in difficult locations.
The 200R now features new Solarlink™ connectivity which allows it to wirelessly give the PV150/PV200 real-time irradiance, ambient temperature and PV module temperature measurement results simultaneously to electrical tests being conducted, as required by the IEC 62446 international standard. Results can be downloaded from the PV150/PV200 into certification software.
The Solar Survey 200R also includes a data logging facility with USB interface to download data to a PC. This allows for irradiance and temperature to be recorded at user-defined intervals over a number of hours or days, the collected data can then be downloaded to a PC for analysis of for inclusion in installation reports.
Seaward Solar Survey 200R Features:
- Suitable for both photovoltaic and solar thermal installations
- Measures irradiance as required by IEC 62446
- Built-in compass and inclinometer measure roof orientation and pitch
- Supplied with suction mount temperature probe for hands-free ambient and surface temperature measurement
- Seaward Solarlink for wireless connectivity with the PV150/200 testers (available separately)
- Built-in data logger and USB interface
- Rugged, robust and handheld Optional mounting bracket for accurate and easy measurements
Package Includes: Suction mount PV module and ambient temperature sensor, USB cable, Calibration certificate, and a Quick Start Guide